Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a Lady

Yesterday, my Grandma Gillespie passed away with loved ones around her at my Aunt Nylene's home in Gilbert. What a bitter sweet experience this was to say my final goodbye to her. I got a call on Tuesday that she wasn't doing good and only had a day or so left. Brooklee and I jumped in the car and headed out that afternoon. Nic was able to join us on Thursday. (Boy was i glad to see him) For those of you who know my Grandma can attest to the fistyness and spunk she had. There are so many memories we all have of her and we will have our time to share them in the coming weeks ahead. I know she is having the time of her life with my Grandpa Gillespie, Uncle Mike and Braiden. Guess who the boss is now boys!!! I love you Grandma. Thanks for giving me the mother I have. And for raising nine of the wildest kids ever. What a crazy Gillespie family we have. BUT I wouldn't trade them for the world. For those of you interested in attending, her funeral services will be held on Saturday, December 13 at noon Downtown Lakeside Chapel with the viewing starting at 10:30 a.m. There will also be a viewing held at Owens Livingston Mortuary in Show Low from 6:00-8:00 on Friday, December 12th.

7 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

So sorry to hear. It's never fun to lose someone you love. At least we have the knowledge that we will see them again some day. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Aaron & Jane said...

I'm so sorry...last I heard she was doing better! Let us know if we can do anything for you guys.

Trezise Momma said...

I am sorry for your loss. Please let us know if we can help in any way. I am glad that you were all able to be there with family though.

Skylar & Chanell said...

shells, i'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. we all know that she's in a better place. hope you are doing ok. love ya!

The Garrido's said...

Shelly, Sorry to hear the your Grandma has passed on. I know that she will be missed by you and your family, but many others as well. There are truely some great memories of your grandmother for sure, like all of the softball moments and such. Best wishes for you and your family

Evvie Turley said...

You hit it on the nose! We have the craziest and best family and we owe it all to grandma and grandpa. I hate that they are both gone and it will take a lot of getting used to but we have to stay close and strong and just keep lovin' each other. I love you!

Kilie Rainey said...

ha your funny! lol ... i guess well see:)