Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just a quick update

So, life in the Finch home has been pretty hectic these last couple of weeks. We found out a couple of weeks ago that I was experiencing a tubal pregnancy. Can I say how not only emotionally exhausting that whole thing was, but good heck...IT FREAKIN HURT. Last Tuesday my doctors office called with my blood work results stating my pregnancy enzymes had actually increased instead of decreasing and I needed to get to the hospital right away for an ultrasound. It was later discovered that afternoon that I needed surgery to see what damage the pregnanacy had done to my tube. So, that night around 9:00 I went in for surgery and once the doctor got in there he discovered my tube actually ruptured and he ended up removing some of it. I am starting to get back to my normal self more and more everyday. I just wanted to thank all of you for your sweet, encouraging and most of all supportive comments you have left us. Without those, this would have been alot harder to go through. Okay, so enough about me.... Nic has been experiencing some real bad pain that steams from his shoulders to his fingers and at night, he honestly doesn't sleep because they hurt so bad and he just can't get comfortable. The pain FINALLY got so bad that he agreed to see a doctor. He recommended Nic to go and have some needle/shock treatment to see where the pain was and possibly what could be causing it. So, this past thursday he went in to have this treatment done and the specialist determined he had carpal tunnal and needed to get surgery to fix the problem. I am telling you...when it rains, it pours. Currently, we are waiting to hear back from his primary doctor to see when we can schedule surgery. Poor guy. He has not only had to deal with my drama but he is having quite a bit of his own. I will try to keep this updated with more news as it follows. Hope all is well!!!!!!

2 comments:

Aaron & Jane said...

Just give Nic a Dr. Pepper and he'll feel better.....if you want to share!

Katlyn Papa said...

Seems like it all comes at once hu. I am so sorry about the pregnancy. I hope that you are feeling better Shelly. I read some of the comments people left you and you have amazing friends. Kelly Hatch is in my ward, and what an amazing woman. Hope all goes well with Nic too. You guys are both dang tough!!!