Sunday, January 11, 2009

XmAs 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas morning was spent in Eagar with Mom, Dad and Ammon. We didn't let Brooklee have a nap all day in hopes she would pass out early so Santa could visit. (If you know what I mean. There is a card game my bro in law Ammon taught us a little less than a year ago and ever since then I have not been able to beat him. Every game I loose, I get madder and madder and madder. I just want to whip that kid so bad at that game. Well, Christmas came a little early for me because that night... I BEAT HIM. He blames it on Nic making him laugh so hard and for it being so late but he doesn't want to admit he lost to a girl. Better yet his sister in law. HA HA HA. When we woke up Christmas morning Nic started to cook breakfast. It was quite delicious I shall say. Then, we waited for Papa Brad to come home from work to start the festivities. Brooklee had a blast opening her presents. Mom F. made us and Aaron and Jane a wedding album. I have never sat down and actually started a scrapbook from our wedding and I am so grateful the time and thought she put into this for us. Dad F. supplied "his girls" Brooklee and Nellie with some really pretty jewelry....pearl necklace and pearl bracelet. Brooklee loves it so much and insists on wearing it to church. Thanks Dad.

After opening up presents in Eagar, we skipped off the Lakeside to spend the rest of the day and that night with my mom and dad. It was our first Christmas without Danny. My mind was on him all day. I kept thinking about what he was doing, did he get our package, is he okay, is he homesick, is he happy? I know he was just fine in the MTC and he was surrounded by elders who were away from their families too so they probably helped each other get through it but my mind still raced. I can't wait for two more Christmases when he will be home again. Its just not the same. Nic and I have been looking at getting a food dehydrator before the summer. Well my mom and dad must have known because they got us one. I can't wait to start using it. Thanks! Growing up the presents under the tree used to be filled with To: Shelly Love: Santa. Well... this sure has changed. Now ALL of the presents under the tree read To: Brooklee Love: Santa. This is one thing that stinks when you get older!!!

(These pictures are not in order. Sorry!)










My dad will always be a garbage man at heart. He worked for the Town of Gilbert for many many moons in their Refuse Dept. He loved his job and would go back to driving garbage trucks in a second I think. My mom got him this Tonka Recycling truck to play with. (Brooklee plays with it more than he does!)










We made Ammon a sign for his room. His hero is Capt Moroni so we put that in the back ground and on the top of it reads "Raise your Title of Liberty" Nic thought it would be a perfect gift for him.









Mom F. and Aaron opening up their 72 hour emergency kits we prepared for them this Christmas. We did one for my parents too. Never know when you are going to need it. Right?



















Brooklee opening her stocking that Santa left at G & G Finch's house.













Every year my mom gives us new pj's on Christmas Eve. This is the one thing I look forward to the most each year. I am so grateful for the tradition she established. Thanks Mom!!









Grandma Finch made the grandkids a little tee pee from scratch. Once again...she amazes us. Nic said growing up they had one just like it and they loved it. Brooklee plays in this thing for hours some days.









Aaron and Jane got Nic the perfect gift. She made Nic a USC Trojans blanket with two pillows. The amazing thing is she sewed it all Xmas eve. Amazing!!!! He loves it guys. Thanks Jane!!









I got Nic a 2008 College Football Encyclopedia this year for Christmas. It didn't take him long to bust this book out and start reading.







This is what Santa left for Brooklee when she woke up Christmas morning.

0 comments: